Thursday, May 23, 2013

Learning to Find Your Path




There are several clues in finding our Spiritual pathway.   All are simple, but the first lesson to understand is that each of us must become totally honest with ourselves.   Not always easy as sometimes the aging time clock is a necessity in order to have a closer look at the past.   For me, it was natural to have the spiritual side as a part of my life.  Early life centered around the church and its activities.  This was important to both my mother and father as my father gave much importance to having a good spiritual background.  So, count on it we were always at church.  Some of the religious rebellion even started with early childhood.  My sister did not like the church of our family, and so we moved out to the suburbs to another church.   That sounds insignificant, yet to protest and get results from a child was enormous at that time.  Mother and Dad wanted us to be happy, and so they complied. 

When deciding a trade if you are curious about your talents, always check the family employment history.  How did they earn their money?   Here's my example.  My great grandfather was "deported" from England due to alcoholic behavior.  He lost his inheritance and came to America where he settled into the North Eastern Portion of the United States and apprenticed under a wood craftsman to learn the art of carpentry.   Wood design such as molding, furniture making, finished carpentry became his trade.  He moved westward and established a mill in Gainsville, Texas.  There his son developed and maintained these skills and earned a good living for his family.  They later moved to Fort Worth and here is the rest of the story.  My father became interested in furniture was a well know dealer and both my mother and father created the idea of interior design as a means of selling furniture.  There reputation as decorators was well established.  One cousin became a realtor, one a mortgage banker, and the other a sash and door man that moved to California.  All of these cousins were indirectly connected to wood crafts of one kind or another.  My degree was in interior design, and looking back it was no surprise as my family was connected to design with architecture one way or another.  It all began with the Great Grandfather and his apprenticeship to wood.   

And the psychic connection?  Okay, all of the grandmothers were either spiritually driven by the church or adopting a rebellious attitude and going to "readers", spiritualist, palmist, as a personal quest to discover self.  It is no wonder, I picked up on the opportunity to learn cards.....it too was developed by the family self interest. 

Music was important in the family.  Both grandmothers played musical instruments, and  encouraged all of the children to be musically educated.  I do play piano, and like my grandmother when I am depressed turn to music for serenity. I am in no way " Liberace", but I do find comfort from music, and I do understand that it works the creative side of the brain.    This is very important for all of us to expand our mind.  Develop your creative talents in the field of artistic expression.  (you might surprise yourself!)  My Dad was a gifted painter.  I was forced to learn how to draw in school.  I did this kicking and screaming.   I too, paint today as a means of self expression.  I have started selling some of my work....But no, I am not yet Picasso, and really that doesn't matter.  What is important it helps with cerebral development.

John Bradshaw, a well know psychologist,  said to discover the family ask as many questions about them that you can.  There is truth here because all of the family has a story that will connect to you.  Learn from them and their mistakes or talents.  Somewhere in this pile of information you will find your path.  !  Your family is your karmic wheel.  Learn and discover what to correct, what to keep, and what to discard...

No comments:

Post a Comment