Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Change or Repeat the Mess Which One?



Whether it is about relationships, business situations, or even family of origin, we will continue to repeat the past regardless of how we think.  All of us tend to deny that which is in front of our nose, and we plod along in life thinking that we are all terminally unique.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  All of us are connected to the same creative force like it or not.  For me, I feel rather secure in this fact or truth because I have been in a state of messes all of my life, and until I looked at my part in the mess, I remained in this "mud hole".   Not everything is all bad, but wouldn't you rather have a better relationship, or a better marriage,  or better sex, or perhaps  a better set of friends?  Then get to traveling down the information highway of life and join me in the fun of discovering your life and knowing that it can be better.

Assuming that I might have an ounce of truth here, let's suppose that we all cycle back with the same set of characters until we learn and we are able to escalate up the higher ladder of evolvement.   One of the clues that has been given to me  is the quote from the Christian Bible which states something like this,  "the sins of the Father are visited upon the son".  Early in childhood I  believed that statement was referring to disease.   I am now correcting that error to mean that what we learn and do within  the family of origin is passed on to the children, and they in turn repeat the same offense to the next generation and on and on.   How many of us swore we would not grow up to be our parents, and then caught ourselves repeating the same type of offenses?   According to modern psychology we will either repeat the same mistake or even worse swing to the opposite extreme.  This is a family dysfunction that can easily be eradicated with a little effort.  Having the "cajones" to research family history with show that we repeat dysfunctional mess over and over again. 

Many people think that we have inherited alcoholism or addiction.  I used to be one of them myself until I found another book that supported my theory on addiction as well as recovery.   I will share this quote from the book of Adult Children of Alcoholics that might be of service to you the reader.  It is about family dysfunction that we all experience ;

"In the interest of fairness, we must realize that our parents passed on what was done to them.  They are adult children as well.  We are not blaming them for being powerless over the effects of family dysfunction.  In most cases, the treatment that they handed out is the treatment they received growing up.  Our parents internalized their parents.  This has to be true if we are to believe that family dysfunction is passed down from one generation to the next." (1)

You can consider the next quotes that also came from the New Testament,  both Mathew 7:17 and John 15:2  give a similar message which paraphrased by me is something like "to know about someone consider the fruits of his tree".

When I encourage you to change.  I am referring to bad habits such as abuse, self-loathing, insecurities both emotional and financial,  worries about  that which you have absolute no control,  controlling others.  I speak about these defects of characters look them up on the subject of attraction.  You might find there is more information for you than you thought about.  But the outcome is pure joy of life.   Change your thinking, change your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment