Monday, March 11, 2013

Developing Your Own Abilities


Try Episode 21

Increasing your abilities for psychic awareness takes time and patience.  I will share with you my own experiences, but that does not in any way reflect that you will develop in this manner.  We all have different styles of our own awareness and even different talents.  For example John Edwards talks to those who have crossed over.  I too have moments of visitation, but my talents arrive through visionary dreams.   (There is a huge difference between a dream and a visionary dream.  I will discuss that either later or in another blog.)

Some of us were aware at an early age that we were intuitive.  I was clueless here as my parents were of the "no talk" generation.   Religion was discussed, but for the children our discussions were the Bible stories.  My father was pure fundamentalist in his approach for us, Mother was happy with that decision, and in my early childhood we had a weekly trip to Sunday school and all were happy.  Even in childhood certain religious truths did not add up for me.  These were the doctrine "truths" that were taught by the church.  It never made sense to me that there was only a special group admitted into heaven.  Looking back with amusement, I can see how I rocked the church's boat by questioning what they were teaching.  I strongly disagreed with this principle.  It didn't make sense to me.  Here was one of my early doubts to myself by what I was taught, "if I am only living one life, how was I able to live such a nice life and there are these lost souls living on the continent of Africa that are starving and disease ridden, why me, God?  Why, have I been chosen to be in heaven for these same reasons?"

A truth by someone else whether it is a church or another person must make perfect ordinary sense to me or else this soul with revolt.  If you think in this way, then you are strongly likely to posses the ability.  It is not important to know that you might be correct, but it is important that we all understand it is a healthy thing to question everything told to us as truth.  This practice only means we are learning, and accepting what works for us.  Religion grew for me to not make much sense.  Why were we always saving "Pagan Babies", what were we saving them from.  Weren't they children of God also?

Not until my young adulthood did I begin my quest.  It was slow at first, but rest assured I had now acquired quite a list of questions.  Sometimes the answer was shocking, but as I continued to read I began to change some of my truths.  The first trust for me, was reincarnation.  This was a frightening thought as none of my family thought it to be true.  I was even mocked for the suggestion.  But for me, again, this simple made sense.   As I developed in my attitude and changes of truth I began to change and sadly or joyfully my then husband began to rebel.    Now I was studying card reading, going to psychics, and when  "under the influence of wine "reading palms at parties.  I literally was coming out of the closet and rebelling at all cost.   But here is what I learned from my development.

1.  Slow down do not try to consume knowledge in one day or year.  This will take time. Read what you attract and either discard or learn from your reading. Some you will relate to others not. Just be open for new ideas.

2.  Keep a journal of your dreams.  You might first have to ask the God of your understanding to help you remember them.  Many people think they do not dream. 
     a.  write down in detail all about the dream.  The colors, the people, the emotions felt or remembered by you and every little detail. 
     b.  Take the dream part by part as if you were diagramming a sentence.  Spirits talk to us by using symbols.   It is not necessary for a book.  Write down what you think of those symbols with out dwelling upon it.  (pondering on this will sometimes give the wrong idea.  your first impression is the most important here)
3.  When a thought arrives within you mind write it down and do not doubt it.  Record the arrival and the date.   Here is an example.....You have the thought that a paint store would be a nice income for you.   Following you might have the opposite kind of thought such as," where did that come from? I don't know enough to do that!  Sounds great, but I don't have enough money for a paint store!"
First thought is often spirit, all the other stuff is from Ego.  Always remember validate, then trust.
4.  Feel the emotion of your body and be aware.
5.  Often I was waked up at night with either a phone ringing, or a voice calling my name.   Ask what they want and return to sleep.  See if a dream follows or not.  This is a form of clairaudience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment