Saturday, July 12, 2014

What Can You Change?

This is one of the hardest lessons that I have had to learn.  What is my responsibility when it comes to change?  

I was like many of us are, "the armchair quarterback".  Most of us are able to look at the defects of others and offer a  simple solution either in our mind or by giving advice that was not ours to give.  It took many years for me to realize that everything that I attracted was brought to me by my own thinking.  It was all of my anger, rage, that brought people around me with the same stuff.  I could see the defect within them, but was clueless that it was me that also suffered from the same defect.  I was either the victim or the perpetrator with all of it. 

We cannot change others.  Nor can we judge them.  Each of us are on our own spiritual path with our own lessons that will be supplied by the Universe or the God Energy as I sometimes call it.  No, this energy is not a man.  If you think so, then your God is entirely too small.  It is not God in my belief that judges us, it is our own self that sees the truth when we cross over and understand that it is up to us to repair our own damage made by our own mistakes. 

Truly, if we understand that every thought, action, and prayer was answered we would have an entirely different way of dealing with problems.   Instead, we venture through life fixing others, criticizing  others and are only creating karmic damage to ourselves.  We think that if something feels good it is positive energy.  Not necessarily so.  Often when we are solving (so we think), or preventing someone else from having to suffer, we are karmically  creating our own mess and probably sending a negative charge. 

In parenting, I did not want my children to suffer consequences that were not going to be pleasant.  They would come home give me their story, and I would take charge to repair the mess.  Whoa!  This is exactly what many of us do.  First, we were not there when the incident happened.  So, we play god and think we can solve the problem.  Only God can fix the solution because only God has the omnipotent knowledge to resolve the issue.  What should have been done on my part.?   First, try something like the serenity prayer.  Second, listen to all of the facts, and third sit in the dark until the solution is given.   Whoever is involved with whatever happens are only those that can work out the mess.  Not the parent.  So, how do you prevent bad things happening to your children?  Your teach them to become responsible and to tell the truth.  That is your part of a good parent.  You cannot believe what you have not been through.   You explain to your children that their thoughts and actions create their choices through life.   Then you sit back and carefully watch the show of life unfold as they grow up.  As I understand to paraphrase what was in  the book of Proverbs the more your meddle in someone's affairs it is like grabbing a dog by the ears and creating a mess.  So, be my guest here and try something different.  Teach your children that they suffer the consequence of their actions. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment